The time now is Sat May 25, 2019 6:12 am | Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts  Ghost forum archive
World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum IndexWorld of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index
World of Ghosts Worldofghosts 24 hour chat room
                          Register


The Scole experiment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » General chat
View previous topic | View next topic  
Author Message
Helby1981



Joined: 12 Nov 2011
Posts: 14
Location: Forest Of Dean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: The Scole experiment. Reply with quote

Just wondered if any of you guys had heard of this before.
Its an experiment that was conducted over 5 years with a team of researchers human and apparently a team of spirits.
Have a look I only heard about it yesterday and have the book on its way to me.
Be interesing to see what peoples take on it is.
Here is a bit on the website.
http://www.thescoleexperiment.com/index.htm
Also a bit on you tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOL_8CcBBPQ
...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Back to top
D B Sweeney



Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2842
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Helby,
I bought the book in 1999 when it was first published. The methodology used
was very flawed. They got some interesting results but nothing conclusive IMO.

DB
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
Helby1981



Joined: 12 Nov 2011
Posts: 14
Location: Forest Of Dean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that. So is the book worth reading or not IYO? Smile
...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Back to top
D B Sweeney



Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2842
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helby1981 wrote:
Thank you for that. So is the book worth reading or not IYO? Smile

It's worth reading to get an insight into flawed methodology and faulty assumptions IMO. In terms of it being valid evidence of communication with the spirit realm - it's not.
A far better book that will give you a more realistic, science based insight into spirit communication and ghosts in general is
'Paranormality' by Prof Richard Wiseman.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paranormality-Why-what-isnt-there/dp/0230752985/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330162590&sr=8-1
DB
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
Sharla Tann



Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Posts: 161

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D B Sweeney wrote:

A far better book that will give you a more realistic, science based insight into spirit communication and ghosts in general is
'Paranormality' by Prof Richard Wiseman.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paranormality-Why-what-isnt-there/dp/0230752985/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330162590&sr=8-1
DB

For 3 delivered you can't go wrong. I wonder if it will have a black felt tip mark on the underside.
...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Back to top
Sharla Tann



Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Posts: 161

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D B Sweeney wrote:

A far better book that will give you a more realistic, science based insight into spirit communication and ghosts in general is
'Paranormality' by Prof Richard Wiseman.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paranormality-Why-what-isnt-there/dp/0230752985/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330162590&sr=8-1
DB

Just got around to finishing this book and it did nothing to give me any such insight. A lot of reports of exposure of fake spiritualists and illusionists, and studies relating to mental suggestibility, but nothing to disprove the existence of spirits or ghosts as popularly known.
...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Back to top
thecactus



Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 3183
Location: Northern Ireland

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharla Tann, do you believe in spirits and life after death?
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
Sharla Tann



Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Posts: 161

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecactus wrote:
Sharla Tann, do you believe in spirits and life after death?


Both those terms are ambiguous and open to interpretation. You'll have to be a lot more specific.
...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Back to top
thecactus



Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 3183
Location: Northern Ireland

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharla Tann wrote:
thecactus wrote:
Sharla Tann, do you believe in spirits and life after death?


Both those terms are ambiguous and open to interpretation. You'll have to be a lot more specific.


Do you believe every living person has a soul? and if so, when our body dies, do you believe our soul continues to exist, and either remain an earthbound spirit or enter another spiritual realm?
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
Sharla Tann



Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Posts: 161

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecactus wrote:

Do you believe every living person has a soul? and if so, when our body dies, do you believe our soul continues to exist, and either remain an earthbound spirit or enter another spiritual realm?


Without arguing over semantics, that's about it.
...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Back to top
thecactus



Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 3183
Location: Northern Ireland

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharla Tann wrote:
thecactus wrote:

Do you believe every living person has a soul? and if so, when our body dies, do you believe our soul continues to exist, and either remain an earthbound spirit or enter another spiritual realm?


Without arguing over semantics, that's about it.


So you are a believer, even though no ''conclusive visual proof'' exists?
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
Sharla Tann



Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Posts: 161

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecactus wrote:

So you are a believer, even though no ''conclusive visual proof'' exists?


There's no necessary connection. A discarnate entity need not be visible in the normal sense, and the existence of such entities is not proven by the witnessing or recording of any human-like apparition.
...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Back to top
thecactus



Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 3183
Location: Northern Ireland

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharla Tann wrote:
thecactus wrote:

So you are a believer, even though no ''conclusive visual proof'' exists?


There's no necessary connection. A discarnate entity need not be visible in the normal sense, and the existence of such entities is not proven by the witnessing or recording of any human-like apparition.


I suppose that is true.
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
D B Sweeney



Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2842
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you believe in the existence of discarnate entities then Sharla?

DB
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
Sharla Tann



Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Posts: 161

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D B Sweeney wrote:
Do you believe in the existence of discarnate entities then Sharla?

DB

If you mean an intelligence that does not control what we recognise as a physical body, then unconditionally yes.
...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Back to top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » General chat
Display posts from previous:   
 
 
All times are GMT
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum