The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 pm | Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts  Ghost forum archive
World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum IndexWorld of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index
World of Ghosts Worldofghosts 24 hour chat room
                          Register

Ghosts of clothes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » Talk about your experiences or how you feel about ghosts
View previous topic | View next topic  
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Ghosts of clothes. Reply with quote

If people can return as ghosts and appear to the living - how do they manage to wear clothes and not appear naked?.
Clothes don't die they just dye so how do we see dead clothes on our ghostly sightings?.

DB
flossy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point DB
it might be cos its not natural for us to walk round naked(well for most of us lol) its maybe the same for them?
carlos2010

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.

Maybe the appearance is down to how they would like to be seen, projecting a self consious(?) image. If i was a spirit, i wouldnt want to be naked, but id like to be see how i was most comfortable.
bitterbuck1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlos2010 wrote:
Interesting.

Maybe the appearance is down to how they would like to be seen, projecting a self consious(?) image. If i was a spirit, i wouldnt want to be naked, but id like to be see how i was most comfortable.

Very good point Carlos.
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Bitter said, good point Carlos Smile . It's social and cultural conditioning that makes most of us feel very uncomfortable in public without clothes (not that many of us would have experienced this) so it's understandable that we'd project these concerns onto how we imagine a ghost would also not appear naked.
Whether a (for want of a better word) ghost is projecting an image of itself in our minds is pure speculation and unfortunately there's not much evidence to suggest that this is what happens when witnesses see the ghost of Anne Boleyn walking the Tower of London.

If ghosts are responsible for dressing themselves and are presumably simply etheric versions of their earthly selves why don't we see them wearing Walkmans, ipods or in wheelchairs? - why do we see what we imagine them to be wearing?. Is it because we imagine them, mistake a shadow or light effect for them and do the dressing ourselves in the tailoring department of our own minds?.

If they're able to project themselves into our minds wearing whatever they feel like wearing why aren't we seeing ghosts with a sense of humor and wearing Superman or Spiderman outfits - surely the dead have a sense of humor just as much as the living?. And why aren't we seeing many more of them than we are - from ghosts of Bronze age hut dwellers to Roman occupiers, Red Indians and 1920's Flappers?.

This then raises the question - do all the dead get to come back with a free clothing pass? and if not why not and why can some people see them and others not?.

Isn't the more likely explanation staring us right in the face - that we're making errors of perception, seeing things when we're stressed, seeing ghosts because we truly want to see them or are on medication, suffering mental problems or simply because we're human and don't want to face the prospect that death really is the End?.

DB
carlos2010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"projecting" was totally wrong

I would imagine that a spirit would prefer to be seen how they would like to be remembered. Perhaps in there most elegant dinner jacket, not the scruffs they wear to do the gardening or fix the car. Ok, extreme example, I have no intention of owning a dinner jacket, but if i was to appear as a spirit, i would want to appear how I was comfortable or proud to be seen and perhaps this is the image that spirits appear to people.

Good or Evil, Happy or Sad, I guess there seen how they want to be seen.
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlos2010 wrote:
"projecting" was totally wrong

I would imagine that a spirit would prefer to be seen how they would like to be remembered. Perhaps in there most elegant dinner jacket, not the scruffs they wear to do the gardening or fix the car. Ok, extreme example, I have no intention of owning a dinner jacket, but if i was to appear as a spirit, i would want to appear how I was comfortable or proud to be seen and perhaps this is the image that spirits appear to people.

Good or Evil, Happy or Sad, I guess there seen how they want to be seen.

Why aren't people who have lost loved ones such as parents or children seeing them in their finest clothes?.

If a spirit has the ability to dress in whatever it wants why aren't they universally visible to all the people they want to be seen by?.

Just a thought.

DB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » Talk about your experiences or how you feel about ghosts