The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:16 am | Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts  Ghost forum archive
World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum IndexWorld of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index
World of Ghosts Worldofghosts 24 hour chat room
                          Register

GWRIP New Investigation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » General chat
View previous topic | View next topic  
mrx3010

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: GWRIP New Investigation Reply with quote

We just got the green light on a new investigation. An abandoned grade school where local firefighters put on a haunted house during October. For the past two years they have been getting reports of volunteers getting "touched, poked, scratched, and shoved".

I went up a few nights back to do a preliminary interview with the event coordinators and nearly everyone had a story to tell. It was kind of strange to hear veteran firefighters stand and tell me. "I won't go back in that place by myself." We will be doing a full scale investigation and hopefully several more to see if we can validate or explain away whats going on in the old place.

Of course I will post the results on our page and give a link here but we will also be giving real time updates of the event via our facebook page. It looks to be a good investigation and we plan on throwing everything we have at the place. I'll update here as we get closer and I get more information.
flossy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like your in for an interesting night
good luck Wink
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly sounds like an interesting investigation mrx3010. Well worth the effort if the Firefighters are reporting something. Hope your group get something tangible mrx3010, I wish ya all well and look forward to casting a sceptical (but fair) eye over your findings Wink

DB
mrx3010

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

"...I wish ya all well and look forward to casting a sceptical (but fair) eye over your findings..."

I expect nothing less from you my friend and look forward to your reviews of the data :)

The trailer is now on the main page of the site.
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrx3010 wrote:
Thanks guys!

"...I wish ya all well and look forward to casting a sceptical (but fair) eye over your findings..."

I expect nothing less from you my friend and look forward to your reviews of the data :)

The trailer is now on the main page of the site.

I'm very impressed with the trailer mrx Smile . Is there any previous history of activity at this Grade School? I'm just puzzled as to why the Firefighters would use this as a scary attraction and what could possibly be priming them for the experiences they're describing.

Contamination is a recognised feature in hauntings. It can take the form of an idea (this house is haunted) or act as a kind of mental virus passed verbally at the time that the first experiencer reports an event that they initially perceive as paranormal (something touched me).
I've studied several cases in the UK where the contamination (ie the perceived haunting activity) which included visual and auditory phenomenon was reported to have 'followed' the investigators home. This is less common in what I'd loosely describe as 'Hauntings' (although I'd class word of mouth and elaboration as contamination) but seems to be far more common in Poltergeist reports.

Anyhoo - you don't need me warbling on. Enjoy and report back bud Very Happy

DB
mrx3010

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I got this info:
The school was given to the Fire Dept by the county. The military had used it prior to that for storage etc, some of the old weapons cages are still on the site. As far as we can tell there was no record of haunting up until last year. When volunteers showed up to help build the haunt attraction they began to have experiences. Some were pushed , shoved, and others heard voices. They had another research group come in who claimed to have experiences. Now you know that this can be contagious. No problem, we are still gathering info on it, I'll be happy to answer questions as soon as I get some answers.
bitterbuck1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Mrx.
Looking forward to your findings.
cocolove

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very impressed with the trailer mrx . Is there any previous history of activity at this Grade School? I'm just puzzled as to why the Firefighters would use this as a scary attraction and what could possibly be priming them for the experiences they're describing.

the pacific dvd Treme dvd
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cocolove wrote:
I'm very impressed with the trailer mrx . Is there any previous history of activity at this Grade School? I'm just puzzled as to why the Firefighters would use this as a scary attraction and what could possibly be priming them for the experiences they're describing.

the pacific dvd Treme dvd

That's exactly what I said Shocked

DB
mrx3010

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have been hearing there was no prior reports of activity. Activity was first noticed after the volunteers were remodeling for the haunted house attraction. They chose a haunted house to help raise money for the fire Dept and community.
mrx3010

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like this one is canceled guys.
bitterbuck1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you reschedule for later date?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » General chat