The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm | Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts  Ghost forum archive
World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum IndexWorld of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index
World of Ghosts Worldofghosts 24 hour chat room
                          Register

I have 'exorcised' the Caterham Bypass Ghost
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » General chat
View previous topic | View next topic  
Dee Bunquer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: I have 'exorcised' the Caterham Bypass Ghost Reply with quote

I'm mentioning this here because it is where I first read about this case. I won't reiterate the reports here because anyone can research this matter on Google.

Early this morning I think I went as far as one could legally to disprove this haunting, at least to my own satisfaction. The website Caterhamghost.com gives the background to this case and on the home page you can read my report of this morning's events.
Of course I can't guarantee to have banished this character for good, but if he is sufficiently obsessive to persist, then I will certainly apprehend him in short order and take pleasure in exposing him or her as the case may be.
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Dee. Hopefully you've put the fear of dog in the individual in sufficient quantity to dissuade him from coming back.

DB
bitterbuck1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee, I had no luck getting on to this site.
Dee Bunquer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitterbuck1 wrote:
Dee, I had no luck getting on to this site.

It is definitely online currently. It must be a routing issue with your ISP.
bitterbuck1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give it another try, thanks Dee.
Iain Lawrence

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other explanation is that there could possibly actualy be a manifestation which occures around that area and the person seen acting like a nob is in fact manufacturing the situation for a laugh to get a rise out of people.
It would have been an interesting situation if that idiot had gone there to scare people and had come face to face with the actual offending manifestation. That would be funny and could have caused a few weeks in a special room for therapy.
Any way well done for getting out there and being pro active. Lets hope you have got rid of the situation, stuff like that causes car crash's. But what at first appears to be a simple end to the situation, may not in fact dis prove the activity. That would take having a great deal of equipment there over a very great indefinate time and offering environmental information at times when people apparantly experience the situation. Embedded belief structures through the production of urban ledgends can cause what appear to be anomalous activity, weather the people have passed the story down to the observer or not. So could people also be seeing the manifestation of energy produced by people who believe the entity to be there? I don't know, your probably right, but many people all over the world perport to have seen dracular...did they or was it again the embedded belief energy ther experienced. To finish, if a person see's something which is a figment of there imagination, this being processed as part of there perception of reality, does that then not constitute there reality? To miss understand the connection between reality and observed processed perception of reality can be a big lump of the equation missed. But well done and thankyou for the post, interesting.
Dee Bunquer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iain Lawrence wrote:
The other explanation is that there could possibly actualy be a manifestation which occures around that area and the person seen acting like a nob is in fact manufacturing the situation for a laugh to get a rise out of people.
I discounted that scenario from the outset, purely because there are no known reports of hits or near misses by drivers, unlike Bluebell Hill for example.
This person is clearly an obsessive, so in the event that I have failed to deter him completely, I have now made it much easier to apprehend him. If I do then I intend to throw caution to the wind, assuming I'm not beaten to it.
Iain Lawrence

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it, just be carefull.
KiloCharlie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I'm from Norfolk I do know the location this thread is about. A few years ago I use to drive up that road most weeks in the early hours as I made 2am deliveries to Croydon.
It's been a couple of years, but is the lay-by & toilet still on the south bound carriageway just before the M25? Because that lay-by use to attract some very shadowy individuals in the early hours.
The length of road between the entrance into Caterham & the roundabout, if my memory is correct is lined on both sides with trees, with a slope on the east side. Roads like this can be prone to micro climates that together with streelights & headlights can produce strange effects as different lights reflect of moisture / mist.
Iain Lawrence

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have seen this many times. When on the hills we used to experience some realy odd misty pockets of frozen mist which apeared to wonder about. It is important to take all these this in to account, but the proof of the pudding is documenting it and analysing it. Anything else is personal experience and is no more than that. The human mind is easily fooled and without the correct methology put in place personal experiences can easly be questioned, even by the effected person.
Dee Bunquer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiloCharlie wrote:
if my memory is correct is lined on both sides with trees, with a slope on the east side. Roads like this can be prone to micro climates that together with streelights & headlights can produce strange effects as different lights reflect of moisture / mist.

That section of road (which is not the area that I have been investigating) has many reports of the figure of a girl crossing the road, so consistent as to make it difficult to attribute them to freak reflections or other tricks of the light.
Very recently I've learned that immediateley to the west of this area on a legal travellers' site, the figure of a girl walking through has been seen often, and has deterred many families from staying there. The way I see it, anything capable of scaring a Pikey off a legal site has got to be worth checking out.
With regard to what we call 'road ghosts', technology now allows us to have forward-facing cameras in vehicles that are capable of recording entire journeys, and indeed some jurisdictions are considering making them compulsory. This means that in the foreseeable future one of three things must happen:

1) We are going to have evidence of what we call ghosts that will be hard to disprove.

2) We will be able to explain-away false sightings convincingly.

3) Those to whom sightings occur will know that whatever they saw can't be photographed.
thecactus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well gypsies do tend to be very superstitious and fear anything of a paranormal nature (more so than settled people)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » General chat