The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:30 am | Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts  Ghost forum archive
World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum IndexWorld of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index
World of Ghosts Worldofghosts 24 hour chat room
                          Register

Ghost dogs/animals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » General chat
View previous topic | View next topic  
Snowman81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Ghost dogs/animals Reply with quote

Just wondered if anyone else has ever seen a 'ghost' dog.

I used to work on a big country estate. I was lucky enough to be able to take my dog to work with me, so used to take her out walking in my breaktimes. She was a pup at the time of this experience and I was having quite a bit of trouble with her getting way too excited when other dogs walked past her, jumping about etc. so I was trying to train her and make her sit/walk quietly whenever we came across another dog. I was walking out on a ridge that leads from an iron age hill fort, through other iron age earthworks...so pretty undulating ground. I was initially aware we were the only ones out on the hills but then noticed a man ahead of us with what looked like a black labrador walking next to him....maybe 30m or so in front of us. So I started looking down to the dog to check she wasnt getting all worked up and kind of lead her to the side to sit down to give the man and his dog space to walk past and not let my dog just jump around all over the two of them. I was looking down for a couple of minutes I guess but when I looked back up they had both vanished. I started walking again and kept walking but no trace at all in any direction (we were up high)....really strange....the man and his dog were in modern normal clothes...nothing wierd about them....

So could have been:
a) A figment of my imagination
b) A real walker and dog, but the dog was antisocial so the owner decided to leg it on seeing another dog rather than have the hassle of dealing with it and they ran away quick (I have seen walkers do this before)
c) A ghost walker and dog
d) there are probs other explanations too but can't think of them

I then mentioned it to one of the wardens back at work and he said he also had seen a dog and walker who had been there one minute and not the next. He couldn't recall exactly what they looked like tho (he had worked there for 30 ish years).

Anyone else think they have seen a ghost dog/animal or anyone heard other explanations for this type of thing?
flossy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i have a couple Smile
first my mum (in the house i grew up in, which was haunted)
she was sat at her dressing table doing her makeup or something when in the mirror she saw a man with his dog, she turned around to see who it was, quite shocked as you can imagine, but there was no-one there
then, when she looked back at the mirror he was still there, she said he just faded away, she wouldnt stay in her room alone after that lol

2nd one was me
i was about 10/11 and i had just gone to bed, i was sitting up reading i think when i heard someone coming up the stairs when i looked to see who it was
(my bedroom was directly oposite the stairs and i never shut my door)
i saw a big black dog, it looked like my neighbours, it just stood there looked at me for a while then walked off to my parents room, i was excited cos i thought maybe we were looking after it for a while
i asked my mum the next day where it was she had no idea what i was on about, the same day we were popping out to the shop and we saw our neighbour and he told us his dog had died a few days before
maybe it came to say good bye lol
so in answer to your question, yes i think it is possable to see a ghost dog Wink
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b) A real walker and dog, but the dog was antisocial so the owner decided to leg it on seeing another dog rather than have the hassle of dealing with it and they ran away quick (I have seen walkers do this before)

There's your answer...

DB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » General chat