The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:57 am | Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts  Ghost forum archive
World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum IndexWorld of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index
World of Ghosts Worldofghosts 24 hour chat room
                          Register

True story - shadow figure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » General chat
View previous topic | View next topic  
thecactus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: True story - shadow figure Reply with quote

If you watch 'haunted britain' on youtube theres a few stories that mention these shadows - they call them black masses. I think part 13/20. On it they regard them as bad entities.

My Mum once saw one. When she was very young, probably about 8. Her Grandad had died. This was in Northern Ireland in the early 1970s. It was a Catholic Wake, where people come and visit the body for a few days before the funeral. She was staying in the house the wake was in. Her and her aunt, who is only about 5 years older where going to bed. Her aunt was already in the bed, and just as she was climbing in, a shadowy figure in the shape of an animal, like a dog, went underneath her and around the end of the bed. They both saw it.

She didnt think this was a bad 'thing'. It possibly was her Grandad/My Great Grandad who I never knew.

My Mum lived in England at the time. Her family moved back to N.Ireland when she was a teenager. When she married my Dad they moved into that house and that was the first house I lived in until I was 5. The only paranormal thing that has ever happened to me was in that house (I seen a figure) and I think it was possibly the same person, my Great Grandad.

A lot of people have seen/felt things in that house. Its a very old house and has been in the family I think my mum said over 7 generations. My Dad, who doesnt really believe in anything like this, and who has never seen anything in his life - he says there was one room in the house which he ''cant put his finger on what it was'' but he felt a presence when he was in that room, he got the feeling someone/something was there and the feeling he was being watched. He also said he got the feeling whatever it was didnt want him to change the room or something. He was going to paint it but decided not too. You will have to take my word for it - he is not the sort of person to make something up or say this.
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With respect to your mum n dads accounts Catcus, human memory is subject to revision and change over a period of years. 'Feelings' are just subjective experiences and in themselves not validation or evidence of the supernatural.
I can give you more info to back my opinion up if you're not convinced?.

DB
thecactus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I agree and my Dad would agree, but he is definately not the imaginative type, or someone who would get spooked, or even someone who would believe in anything - also he had never heard any stories about that house until after we had moved to a new house - the funny thing is he would probably agree with you. He said it was probably his mind playing tricks on him or something, but then again he said he never ever felt something like that - like a presence, before or since, and he is 49 years old.
thecactus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D B Sweeney, but my Mum never said she felt anything in that house - but she did see a shadow figure in the shape of a dog - and her aunt saw the exact same thing, when she was a child.
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are prone to errors of perception and memory - it's a fact. Multiple witnesses can testify to the validity of a paranormal event eg The Virgin of Fatima. It's perfectly reasonable for various people to make similar errors of perception and recall at different times in the same place - especially when there is an element of expectation bias going on.

DB
thecactus

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small update: I was talking to my Mum about this since I wrote it, and this is more accurate:

Black Ghost Mum Saw

When Mum was very young, probably about 8, her Grandad died. This was in Northern Ireland in the early 1970s. It was a Catholic Wake. She was staying in the house the wake was in. Her and her aunt, who is only about 5 years older where going to bed. Her aunt was already in the bed, and just as Mum was climbing in, a shadowy figure like a man on his hands and knees went underneath her and around the end of the bed. Only Mum saw it, as her aunt was already asleep. Mum was very scared.

My Mum lived in England at the time. Her family moved back to N.Ireland when she was a teenager. When she married my Dad they moved into that house and that was the first house I lived in until I was 5. The only paranormal thing that has ever happened to me was in that house (I seen a figure).
HENUT-TEPY

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, Cactus. Are your familiar with the Black Dog legends? These seem to be often linked to the 'Celtic' areas of these isles. I've read a few, as well as the 'Hound of The Baskervilles' by Conan Doyle. I've just come across this page, on this subject, on 'Mystery Mag':-

http://www.mysterymag.com/earthmysteries/?page=category&subID=74

It has a subscription, as you might expect - £10 [currently $18.40]. Otherwise you could try

http://hubpages.com/hub/Lore-and-Legend-of-the-Black-Dog

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_dog_(ghost)

Cheers. Henut-tepy Smile
thecactus

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update I forgot to add to this:

When I asked my Mum about this I said 'But you didn't think it was a bad thing, didn't you not?' and she said 'I did think it was a bad thing, and it scared me'
thecactus

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links Henut Ill check them out.
HENUT-TEPY

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecactus wrote:
Thanks for the links, Henut. Ill check them out.

My pleasure, Cactus. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » General chat