The time now is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:15 am | Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts  Ghost forum archive
World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum IndexWorld of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index
World of Ghosts Worldofghosts 24 hour chat room
                          Register

True story - Figure I saw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » General chat
View previous topic | View next topic  
thecactus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: True story - Figure I saw Reply with quote

When I was 3 years old I saw a figure.

I was standing in the hallway in my home. At that age I didnt know what the hell it was, I didnt know if this was normal - I didnt really think about it.

I was in the hallway and I saw a figure about 5 or 6 feet away from me. I think it was aware of me and wanted me to follow it. The whole thing lasted about 10 seconds. The figure was the shape of a man - average height, slim. It had no features - a light blueish colour all over. It wasnt opaque. It was the shape of a man though - head, body, arms and legs. It was standing in the hall - I was looking at it then it walked to the right and straight into my bedroom. To me it looked very tall, but when I remember it, it was only because I was so small - it was average height, because it walked through the doorway(the door was lying open). It was also the middle of the day. As soon as it disappeared into my room (it didnt vanish) I ran away scared. I do wish I had have looked into the room.

Its maybe not the scariest or most interesting story but it is true. I believe the figure was one of my Great Grandparents who lived in that house decades before I was born, it definately meant me no harm.

I think I might have seen several other things like this around the same time or before, even 2 or 3 of these figures together, but I really cant be sure. This is the only incident I know happened and can remember.

I am 22 now and I have never seen/experienced anything since, unfortunately.

I was thinking of maybe getting hypnotised to try and remember this incident in full detail - but maybe I wont.
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you not think that your recollections from when you were 3 may be flawed?.

I was thinking of maybe getting hypnotised to try and remember this incident in full detail
Hypnotism isn't going to unlock the truth because it doesn't allow memories to be replayed with any degree of accuracy.

DB
thecactus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypnotism isn't going to unlock the truth because it doesn't allow memories to be replayed with any degree of accuracy.

possibly - also you could be lead into believing anything

Do you not think that your recollections from when you were 3 may be flawed?.

possibly - but I did think about the incident a lot over the years - so I can remember, but not in the same detail as I used to be able to - but I am 100% sure it happened
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the least controversial—but most important—observations is that memory is not perfect. Instead, memory is prone to various kinds of errors, illusions and distortions.
The cognitive neuroscience of constructive memory: remembering the past and imagining the future
Daniel L Schacter and Donna Rose Addis
http://rstb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/362/1481/773.full

DB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » General chat