The time now is Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:14 am | Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts  Ghost forum archive
World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum IndexWorld of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index
World of Ghosts Worldofghosts 24 hour chat room
                          Register

Ghost Hunting Show
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » General chat
View previous topic | View next topic  
thecactus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Ghost Hunting Show Reply with quote

Good ghost hunting tv show I thought I would post for anyone who never seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgxFgXivEt0
flossy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive not seen that one before, thanks Wink
im away to watch some now Wink
thecactus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too Very Happy
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as I saw the Dowsing Rod after about four seconds I could tell this was gonna be a BS investigation.Thanks for posting it though Cactus.

DB
Iain Lawrence

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It meant well, but produced Im afraid. Plus they said they had actual scientific proof of contact with spirit energy? Ye right,There has to be three varifiable documented pieces of evidence to produce a class A documentation.Coincidence that the ghost decided to be good and do as it was told on cue, welcome to the real world. Plus the medium was having to be told what the spirit was saying at the time? Thought she could hear it lol.
Anyway it was fun. The EVP software the guy was using is free on line too. Very professional and the cameras they were using were swan low light standard range? £45 each..even mine are long range high power IR cames £125 each...he was running them streight into his computer too? Should have been going through a system. He was running a system for audio and a system for video, If the production company had put there hands in there pockets, they would have had better gear and made the entire thing more realistic. Don't they realise the public are more clued up these days. Our system is fully audio/video and we still have channels to play with livestream( even if live stream is blocky and skow lol) Everything recorded, audion checked post investigation when we have more time, If people listen to real time audio it gets there imaginations running and allsorts can be imagined and psychosymatically induced. I keep banging on about the psychic string theory, if you believe its there, you can produce it! Tis is why (if you watch our livestreams) yu won't see two people sat together. If you can't conferm it with someone else, you can't make it real! This is what happens when produces produce ghost hunting programes...leave investigation to investigators and just give them a camera and an over the shoulder view of investigating, if its real it may be boring, but at least it REAL!
thecactus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the whole seventh daughter of a seventh daughter thing and halloween music was a bit illy but I still enjoyed it - there is a good bit later on about auras.
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My good friend Hayley sums things up pretty well here:

http://hayleyisaghost.co.uk/2011/08/28/dear-new-ghost-hunter/

DB
Iain Lawrence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayley seems nice, but she says she doesn't believe in ghosts. Cool. She may not, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. The definition of a ghost is apparantly the continual existance of a life force after death which shows its self in the atomical world in some way. Hayley has no concept of what happens when she dies, there for has no oppinion. Nice and simple. Am I then insinuating that ghost exist, of coure not. But I'm still looking, even if I do use some of the methods she puts forward as silly. But pro-active endeavour is one step closer to achievement than mono-visioned denial and none-productive posts or blogs.
She may have had fun posting her oppinions, but I think she should research more. Or at all.
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hayley is basing her conclusions on her research (of which she has a number of years investigative experience, the back catalogue of her blog will clearly demonstrate 'field' experience) and the evidence, or more accurately, the lack of it that is used to support the claims for survival after death. From what I know of Hayley I know she takes her stance and opinions on the paranormal very seriously to the extent that a new addition to Hayley is a Ghost has been devoted to the points you raised.
Members will find it here:
http://hayleyisaghost.co.uk/2011/08/31/six-feet-under/

DB
Iain Lawrence

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff. She is pro-active and that is good, but it is important not to reach any conclusions, as there (as far as we are conserned) none. Only leads to more questions. EG, in the wood the other night we had what appeared to be activity which was un explainable, but we did not decide either way. Just documented it, showed the situation live to people on livestream and dealt with the situation with an open mind. I will not judge Hayley as I have not read enough of her work, but its just an over view.
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iain Lawrence wrote:
Great stuff. She is pro-active and that is good, but it is important not to reach any conclusions, as there (as far as we are conserned) none. Only leads to more questions. EG, in the wood the other night we had what appeared to be activity which was un explainable, but we did not decide either way. Just documented it, showed the situation live to people on livestream and dealt with the situation with an open mind. I will not judge Hayley as I have not read enough of her work, but its just an over view.

There are no definitive conclusions only what the weight of the scientific evidence and the accumulation of scientific knowledge tells us.

DB
Iain Lawrence

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Science can not inform us of what is not scientific. Untill we can define a subject matter there can be no oppinion, as an oppinion is built upon observed information and analysis of a situation. Paranormal is in escence not normal, which would imply not scientific, there for no observation can be made of it, only theoretic open conclusions. Therefor to judge or to be oppinionated in a influencial manner as a means to offer a view to people who are learning about a subject or intereted about such a subject would not be pro-active.
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iain Lawrence wrote:
Science can not inform us of what is not scientific. Untill we can define a subject matter there can be no oppinion, as an oppinion is built upon observed information and analysis of a situation. Paranormal is in escence not normal, which would imply not scientific, there for no observation can be made of it, only theoretic open conclusions. Therefor to judge or to be oppinionated in a influencial manner as a means to offer a view to people who are learning about a subject or intereted about such a subject would not be pro-active.

People mysteriously dying with no explanation was paranormal until science developed germ theory and the appropriate vaccines and medicines to treat it. Eclipses were also seen as paranormal until astronomers in ancient Greece demonstrated that it was a conjunction of the planets.
All things ultimately fall under the umbrella of science and so whether we currently have an explanation or not - all things are scientific.
There are things we don't know, things we will know and probably things we will never know.

DB
thecactus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another good tv show for any of you that have never seen it - it's on the bio channel - celebrity ghost stories - there is also another one about normal everyday peoples ghost stories, but I find it interesting listening to well known celebrities ghost stories:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-mOd0yxLtQ&feature=related
Iain Lawrence

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excelent observation DB...
Yep you are more than right. Thats why we follow the route of scientific methology when involved in investigations. We take what is paranormal, assess it and document if with scientific and media equipment and save the analysis for future consideration. To say the paranormal/psychical world does not exist would be wrong, its just a case of utilising new and advanced equipment/theoretics and idiology in order to build up the jig-saw which is the world of un-known reality which exists around us. But to consider mediumship here...do some people have the natural ability to interact with that which we are thumbelling toward? Only time will tell. Thanks for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » General chat